The Boys

The Boys

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mom

It's been quite awhile since my last post. I just can't seem to decide how to start or end a post about the most recent dramatic event. My mother passed away on March 26th after a hard fight with cancer. If you knew Mom you would have been convinced she was beating it until the last two weeks of her life. She was the most phenomenal woman I've ever met, and it's so hard to believe that she's not here anymore. I've lost more than a mother, but also a best friend, confidante, and teacher. However I know that I have gained an angel who is most definitely highly qualified for the task. I knew no other person who knew more about the Bible and its teaching. And she always walked the walk inspiring and leading others to God.

I still pick up the phone to call her and still look for her. I know the comfort there is that she is always with me, my dad, brother, and sister, so I talk to her often. I told my dad that my chest hurt during the funeral, and then I realized that it was because it was growing so that she could live on in my heart.

I want to share some pictures of my most incredible loving fantastic mom:


Mom went to nursing school and always wore the starched white dress and cap. Here she's just a teenager.

Mom and Dad - just married! She made her wedding dress. Unfortunately I haven't learned all those same skills...yet!

Mom and me in the hospital

Not the most glamorous picture but one that gives me a warm fuzzy. If you're a mom, you know how precious these moments are.

Mom would rock me for hours. It was my happy place and she never turned me down when I would ask her to.

My wedding day. She made everything possible and more beautiful.

Also my wedding day. I have no idea what they were laughing about, but don't they look like they are having fun?
Last September. She wanted a good picture before starting all the hard treatment. What a great one it turned out to be! This is how I picture Mom every time I think about her.



1 comment:

melissa said...

Beautiful post, Nancy. I'm so sorry for your loss.

background