There is a fun shopping center in the big WLR called The Promenade that has an annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony. It's only been around for 2 or 3 years so we've never been able to go (KIDS). However, Jack is at a super fun age where things like this should be done so we can make those memories you talk about forever.
The Promenade pre-Christmas festivities
So that Sunday afternoon, I got the kids dressed up in Christmas sweaters and we headed out. It was much colder than I had imagined and prepared for. I did take Jack's big coat which he refuses to wear and barely even got the vest on him.
So I'm freezing my young precious children in the hopes of memories (that honestly they will never remember but Skylar and I can tell them about one day). Finally the Christmas tree is lit and the fireworks go off. They went off in the parking lot. Very LOUD! Did I forget to mention that Jack has recently become afraid of loud noises? It was so pitiful, my son was screaming crying, burying his head in my arms and wanting it all to stop. Oh, and maybe we shouldn't have taken our 10 week old baby out in the freezing cold to have his eardrums blown by fireworks. Oh well. At least it's a story we can tell them one day. :)
I'm directing his attention to the horse-drawn carriage...which he loved!
Okay so there's pure terror...
...and disgust in my son's eyes when he looks at the fireworks...
...but look how cute Hubs is here!
(You can see the expensive camera has done nothing for my picture taking skills yet.)


1 comment:
lmbo!!!!!!!!! oh i am dying laughing over here! i miss you so much chick! we have to get together soon and catch up...in person! lol
Post a Comment