The Boys

The Boys

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Jack's 5th Birthday Party

My big boy turned 5 this year, and we felt it was time to throw him a proper party.  We rented out a pavilion in FunLand which is a kid's amusement park inside Burns Park in North Little Rock.  Being typical Arkansas in August, it was incredibly hot.  And by incredibly hot, I mean it had to be one of the hottest days of the year.  Luckily we had scheduled the party for 10am which was a brilliant idea.  I must say it was amazing to have so much action early in the morning, have everything cleaned up, and be completely relaxed at the house with both boys taking a nap by 2pm.  My new favorite time for a birthday party is 10am.  

Anyway, FunLand was wonderful!  The people were so helpful there, and the kids had a blast with all the rides.  I was a little concerned at first because Jack wasn't too interested in the rides.  After a little bit, I realized that was because he had already seen the cake.  Any my birthday boy truly enjoys a good birthday cake.  After cake, he set his eyes on the rides.

Little brother made a new friend in pretty Addy, and the two daredevils wanted to ride every single ride.  It was so much fun to watch them.  I felt like a little kid just watching them.  I love to see my boys so happy. :)

And...I can't believe my little man is FIVE.



Birthday boy

My amazing big boys



Nana & Buddy with the birthday boy

Look how grown up he looks here!

Mommy & Mommy's big boy
(This is one of my new all time favorite pictures.)

We started with chocolate doughnuts

Transformers birthday cake






Addy

Cooper loved ALL the rides



Make a wish!

Coop and Addy on the motorcycles

Birthday boy driving Asher

Rollercoaster!

My sweet boys on the first ferris wheel

All dressed up as Bumblebee

No comments:

background