The Boys

The Boys

Saturday, January 24, 2009

January 21, 2009

5 Months! 

(Mommy & Jack on his 5 month birthday)


Where has all of this time gone?  Jack Andrew turned 5 months old on Wednesday.  I can still see the hospital room (and bills) from our little stay at Baptist.  I'm in awe when I think of all the little accomplishments and special moments since we brought our little man home with us.

  • First real bath
  • Falling asleep on the couch between (and during) feedings
  • Losing his umbilical cord
  • Weight checks & hoping for good news
  • First smile
  • First laugh (in the bath no doubt)
  • Losing his hair and watching it grow back blonde
  • First shots
  • Discovering reflux (Thank goodness there was an explanation)
  • Growth spurts! (Those are hard)
  • First roll
  • First day at daycare (The hardest thing I've ever been through)
  • First full night's sleep!
  • RSV
  • Doctor's visits
  • Our big move into our new house as a family
  • Mornings bundled up on the veranda
  • Naps!
  • First road trip (to Mimi and Papaw's)
  • First Christmas
  • First toys
  • First sit (We had a record 24 seconds today)
  • Portraits
  • Cereal attempts (some successful)
  • First stroller ride
There are ways I have changed too.  
  • Every time I meet someone who talks about their child, I can't wait to interrupt to tell them, "I'm a mom too!".  (Probably most annoying to the other person)
  • I bought an iPhone so I can show my extensive library of Jack photos.  
  • I have been known to wake up in the middle of the night just to look at my precious son.  (Yes, I have voluntarily given up sleep for this.)



How anyone can have a child and not believe in God is beyond me.  I just look at him and marvel at every feature.  Only our perfect Heavenly Creator can be responsible for something so amazing.  It's fascinating to watch him learn things and what they mean.  For example, he now watches me make his bottle and knows that he doesn't have to cry because I'm about to feed him.  (A very big step and relief for me!)

...........................................................................................................

I realize after re-reading this post that it's pretty sentimental and may mean more for me than the followers of this blog.  However, it's pretty hard to keep all this inside too.  I am definitely a proud parent.  I mean, just look at him!





Love you all...talk to you soon...

Nancy

No comments:

background