Since I have moved to Little Rock, I have heard parents talk about how awesome it is to take their kids to the daffodil fields at Wye Mountain. Pre-Jack, these stories didn't sound that interesting to me, but since Jack, it sounded like a must-do activity.
St. Patrick's Day was Skylar's and my anniversary. I had the day off, and he took the afternoon off. We had a really good day, and set aside some time to take Jack to Wye Mountain since we could pick him up early from daycare. I had visions of beautiful pictures with our family amongst rows and rows of flowers. Plus, there must be other things to do there, right?
Of course, we pick up Jack and he is exhausted. He even fell asleep on the 20 minute drive to the field. The problem was that he wasn't exactly ready to wake up when I pulled him out of his car seat and put on his precious green linen shirt. He just wasn't into it. He kept trying to go to sleep on my shoulder, and here I am stuffing flowers in his face and trying to get him to smile. Oh, and there were no family pictures. And...it is just a field of flowers.
However, we did manage a couple of cute pics and about 2 smiles from the whole trip. I'm not sure if we'll try again next year, but I'm sure we'll be back one day.
Jack, Baby, don't eat the flowers...
And...the debut of those two teeth!
Not the best angle, but one of them is really out there now!

No comments:
Post a Comment