We were asking each other all the new mommy questions, "Does he do this?" "Do you do such and such?" And we came to the much debated subject of spoiling your baby. Boy, people really have opinions on this. It was so nice to talk to someone who felt the same way I did. Babies are supposed to be held and loved!!! I will not feel guilty for wanting to hold my little man while he naps just to take in every feature. He knows when I'm holding him and sleeps deeper. (Wouldn't you if your mom still held you?)
I read that for colicky babies and preemies, they prescribe the parents to hold the babies for 3 hours every day. If that's what the doctors say helps, it can't be bad. Now don't get me wrong, I will not creep into Jack's bedroom when he is 17 and try to hold him, but I wouldn't be surprised if I miss it. Cynthia has an older daughter and reassures me what I already know -- that one day Jack will no longer want me to treasure him in my arms. What a terribly sad day that will be?
Now if you'll excuse me, I must go smother my son with attention...
:)

2 comments:
I completely agree with ya'll! I hold Carson ALL the time! Even during dinner...these moments go by so fast, I don't care what anyone says!! :D
So cute.....he is always smiling! By the way, we have #2 in the oven!
Post a Comment