The Boys

The Boys

Monday, April 27, 2009

Long Weekend

Jack has been so sick! We have had a long weekend of crying, snot, coughing, sneezing, screaming (a new one for us), and no sleep. I kept thinking, "Tomorrow he'll start feeling better." But he never did. He's been absolutely pitiful. With all the drainage, the only way he could sleep was in my arms sitting up. So we went to the doctor today...

Keep in mind, I am not the kind of mom who takes their child to the doctor at the first sign of a runny nose. We don't go, unless I really have that feeling I should be doing more. Anyway, we go to the doctor praying it's not an ear infection. (We've been lucky so far.) We met another new doctor at the clinic. (They have 10, but that's another story.) She's really sweet and has a son named Jack two weeks older than my little man. Well Jack turned on the charm for her. He was flirting with her and cooing at her...being the sweetest baby ever. So of course, she can't find anything wrong with him. No ear infection. Lungs sound good. We could do bloodwork, but they can't do anything if he has a virus. Plus, she doesn't seem any room to be alarmed because he's sitting there smiling and laughing. And immediately after we leave, the screaming, crying, wailing, coughing, sneezing resumes.

My little sneaky guy...



I promise he was sick!

No comments:

background