The Boys

The Boys

Friday, August 14, 2009

My special moment


Tonight as I was rocking Jack to sleep, there was so much going through my mind. Work has been so busy this week, and tonight was no exception. We have a new guy on call, so I am on call again this week with him more or less. We've had production issues out the wazoo all day, so I honestly was hurrying through Jack's bath and nighttime rituals so that I could log in to work and fix everything. Then I looked down at him, and he was smiling at me. Just the most awesome, sweetest smile ever. All of a sudden everything else drifted away (Sorry, Dillards!) and all I wanted to do was rock and hold my little man. He actually fell asleep with the smile on his face. What more could a mother ask for?

No comments:

background