I know it's been awhile since I've posted (How many of those lines do you think are on blogs right now?) but we've been super-busy it seems. The biggest news to date is that Mr. Jack can stand on his own! Unfortunately, I have no pictures of that because he never does it when I ask him to, only by accident. In fact, last night he was walking with his hands in mine, when I realized he wanted his sippy cup off the counter. So I released one of his hands and grabbed the sippy cub with it, but held it out in front of him. And just like I hoped, he walked right to it while only holding one of my hands!!! He's been holding out on us!
Another big step is that of moving from formula to milk. I think we're pretty close which is a major plus for our bank accounts! The only obstacle left on that one is to get him used to drinking it cold. I don't think he loves that part yet. Oh, and don't dare put milk/formula in his sippy cup. That will be the next step.
The funny thing about his cup is that he hasn't quite figured out to tilt it up as the beverage amount goes down. So as the juice gets lower, he just throws his head further and further back to get the drink. Skylar and I crack up every time because he looks like some boozer at the bar throwing them back.
Oh, we are pretty much on solid foods. Every now and then he balks and we grab a jar of baby food, but we've found a new favorite with Gerber Pasta Pickups. They're pretty cute, I have to admit. Next week we'll tackle cupcakes for the BIG FIRST BIRTHDAY BASH. Not really a bash. It's just going to be family, but this time I'll actually get to see him eat the cupcakes instead of time he had three, yes THREE cupcakes, at daycare. Why three, you ask? Their answer to me was that he was the only one who knew what to do with them. Could I be any prouder? As we like to say in our household..."It's a milestone." (I wish someone would call it a milestone when I ate three cupcakes.) :)
Oh, and thank goodness for the big #1. That means new toys, and our little man has tired of all his old ones and now is creating new ones: outlets and bar stools, just to name a couple. So, bring on the toys!
Here's Daddy giving Little Man a baseball lesson.
Now is there anything cuter than that?

No comments:
Post a Comment