Last weekend was incredibly beautiful, so the "fam" took a trip to the LR Zoo. I had never been there, and it had been quite a while for Skylar too. So we geared up and headed out.
Check out how cool Jack is with is sunglasses!
As we were walking up to the zoo, we heard a very loud roar/howl. Skylar and I agreed that it couldn't really be an animal, and it was probably animal sounds that the zoo was playing over the speakers.
We, the Jordan family, were inspired to cover every inch of the zoo, so we turn right and head to the first exhibit. Turns out, the roar/howl/whatever you call it, was real. There was this huge black gorilla which made the loudest sounds ever. Jack took one look and began absolutely screaming. He HATED it! Other families began staring at us to find out why we were torturing our son and ruining their lovely family zoo trips. Skylar and I looked at each other and ran the stroller away from the cages. It took a while for Jack to stop crying, and Skylar ended up carrying him in the baby carrier the rest of the way. He was okay with the other animals but I'm not sure how impressed he was with the zoo overall. Maybe we'll go back when he can walk on his own and wear himself out more. This trip just wore out Mom and Daddy.
Daddy & Jack admiring the elephants
Our favorite by far, the otters

No comments:
Post a Comment