The Boys

The Boys

Friday, September 18, 2009

Future musician?

We traveled to Ruston last weekend to visit with my parents. We had a great time full of tons of memories...mostly of our musical (and surprisingly, rhythmic) son. I mean, I've always had good rhythm (you know I can dance), but I don't dabble in too many instruments. Skylar loves to play the guitar, but isn't ready to front a band. However, since Jack started sitting up, he had always LOVED to play the drums...on anything.

We arrived in Ruston on Thursday night at 11:30pm. Well past any good boy's bedtime. Of course, once he saw his grandmother, he was up.
The first thing he began doing was playing the drums on their marble table. But not only that, he began to point to his audience after a bit as if to ask for applause. Once he found out he could easily get it, our musical sessions became shorter as he wanted longer applause sessions.

Then Sunday morning, he found the piano with Daddy. How cute is this?

So talented!

Without a piano at our house, it's a little tough to encourage this new passion, but he steadily plays the bongos and congas on any piece of furniture that works. Hopefully, we'll get you a video soon!

Oh, I forgot...he's very much into dancing (He did the Beyonce booty bop) and loves the guitar too. So much for being a doctor, we definitely have a musician on our hands. Or...a musical doctor? eh? As long as he can still get the applause.

No comments:

background