The Boys

The Boys

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Big Boy


My little man is growing up so fast! Since I'm pregnant with another, I am remembering all these same milestones that I experienced with Jack. Then I look at him, and I cannot believe how grown up he is and how much he has accomplished. I am so crazy proud of him. Every time I look at him, my heart just soars. (I know how cheesy that sounds, but that's how I feel.)

So a couple of nights ago, my heart was about to bust. After Jack's bath, I always put lotion and pajamas on him, rock him while we read a story, sing a song, and lay him down to bed while he's still awake. But Monday night, I picked him up to sit in the rocking chair with him, and he just hugged me tightly. I can get lost in those moments, so I decided to hold onto him until he was ready to read. But he kept holding on while resting his head on my shoulder. Then I could feel all of his little muscles twitching as his body fell into sleep. Since I always try to put him down awake (like all the parenting advice tells you to so that he will be able to go to sleep by himself) I never really get to see him fall asleep and rest. Instead he was in my arms, face to face with me resting every so peacefully. What's the saying? There's nothing as sweet as a sleeping baby. I was in pure heaven and didn't want to put him down.

This morning I was once again shocked to see how grown up my sweet baby actually is. Here's a pic before school this morning.
Thank goodness he can't reach the deadbolt!
Reading with Daddy

Must be a good book!


No comments:

background