The Boys

The Boys

Monday, May 24, 2010

My Sweet Precious Holly


When I met Skylar, I got two for one. He had the most wonderful 3-year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Holly. I have never met anyone who met Holly and didn't fall in love with her. She was the most well-mannered, soft, happy dog I've ever met. And he agreed to let her come live with me and keep me safe in my little house on Shady Ridge. We quickly became best friends and family. A year later Holly was diagnosed with Cushing's Disease and we were afraid that we'd lose her. The prognosis on average was 2 years, and dogs with Cushing's disease usually succumb to secondary diseases. While this meant that Holly would have to take oral chemotherapy drugs for the rest of her life, she didn't let this phase her, and she continued to have a happy outlook on everything. Most of all she sheltered us with love...more than we deserved.

Sadly, sweet Holly tired out last Tuesday just short of her 9th birthday. While it is so sad that she is no longer here, she died taking one last trip in Skylar's truck. (She loved to go for rides!) We have also noticed that she is present in so many pictures and videos showcasing her fun personality. I wish I could show them all, but here are a few...

This is from our first Christmas together. It snowed and she loved every minute of it!
All time favorite pic of Holly and Skylar

So much for "no pets on the furniture". As you can see she made herself right at home. And why would you bother her?

Christmas 2005

It may not look like it, but this is actually a different Christmas.
How obvious is it that she won me over? This just doesn't happen.

Jack and Holly finally meet for the first time.

When Jack opened his eyes this must have been what he saw...

1st family outings

Winter 2008 in our new home!
(It's hard to get everyone to look at the camera and smile at the same time!)

I bought this stuffed corgi for Jack and he sleeps with it every night.

Really hard to get everyone to smile at the same time...

There is nothing Jack loves more than to walk Holly on a leash.


Baby Girl, we miss you more than you can imagine. Thank you for loving us and giving us such precious memories.

1 comment:

NanaK said...

I know how you feel. We just lost our sweet chocolate lab, Josey. It's hard isn't it. I'll remember you.

background