Another apology post for not updating more often. I look back to two years ago when Jack was this age and I posted ALL the time. Life is much different with two little boys, plus Jack has always been the most awesome sleeper ever. Sorry, Cooper. You need to take some lessons from Jack there.
So, Cooper is 6 MONTHS OLD! We went to his well visit and as I'm complaining to his doctor about his lack of sleep, she answers with, "It might have something to do with this RAGING ear infection." :( How did I not know? What kind of mother am I? My poor baby is trying to tell me something is wrong, and I didn't even have a clue. So we put Coop on the antibiotic and I swear he slept better the first night. Crazy, right? I had such a calm about me that night as I put him to bed because I could see the light. However, the next night we were back to the same old schedule. Down at 8. Up at 1am. Up at 3am. Up at 4am. Up at 5am. Up at 6am...
Desperate again, I took him back to the doctor to beg for help with the sleep (or lack thereof.) While we there she checked his ear to make sure everything was better. He still has an ear infection! My little guy needs stronger meds! So once again I am filled with huge optimism that we may be getting closer to a good night's sleep. (At this point, I'll settle for a decent night's sleep.)
And, the much awaited stats:
Weight: 18lbs 57%
Length: 28in 91%
Head Circ: 18.5in 100%
No one believed he was only 57% for weight. However, when I took him back this week...he was up to 19lbs. :| I'm sure that %ile might be a little different now.
Skylar is of course super-stoked about Coop's heighth, and is already planning out his sports career.
Head size...well...I don't think I have anything new to say about that. My boys have big heads.
Our big boy is also sitting up...for a good while. This is the milestone I have much anticipated. Once Jack started sitting on his own, the world got so much easier. BUT Cooper is not content with sitting. He won't stay in that position because he wants so much to CRAWL! He is trying his best. We can't keep him out of anything. He LOVES toys but gets bored within a few minutes and is reaching for the next closest thing. I fear my little one won't be stationary for long.
Big boy sittings
Also, he's eating solids, but I'll save that for another post. I promise to post again. Although, I'll probably knock it out in one sitting. What can I say? Time flies during children's naps.

No comments:
Post a Comment