Valentine's Day was unexpectedly special this year. I had a surprise Valentine's Date with my Valentine at Iriana's. Before kids, we use to go there for a simple V-day date to celebrate with a heart-shaped pizza. We celebrated old school style this year. What a nice surprise!
| My happy Valentine's lunch |
I also went all out for the first time for Jack's Valentine's. I saw the cutest Superhero idea on Pinterest, and though I don't think it turned out quite as well as the original, they weren't bad. When I questioned the hard work that went into it, Jack validated it all. The best part of it came when Jack was so very excited to watch me make them for him. He told me that I did a good job and that my efforts made him happy. And the feeling that his words gave me lifted my spirits throughout the day. That feeling must be what the holiday is all about.
| Jack's Valentine's for 2013 |
And this picture wasn't on the holiday, but I get that same feeling when I look at this one. These are my Valentine's being sweet to each other. And that's love.
| Cuddling to the glow of lil bro's Mobigo. |

No comments:
Post a Comment