The Boys

The Boys

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pushing 1 year


Today I really just realized that Jack is going to be 1 year old. I mean, I knew that it was getting close to August 21, but what that all meant has just sunken in. As I was rocking this sweet child tonight in my arms, I thought about how much of a miracle he is...that he was made from Skylar and I from a tiny little egg. We watched him grow in ultrasounds, met him in the hospital almost a year ago, and watched him learn so many things. He did 4 new things just this weekend!

1. Took two steps while barely holding onto my hands.
2. Learned to put the squares, circles, and triangles through the right holes in his shapes canister.
3. Say "Da-Da" when Holly barks as Skylar drives into the garage.
4. The last one is a new clucking noise. Hard to explain, but it is a new skill!

That's one weekend. AND he was running a fever all weekend. Just imagine if he had been feeling well! I am so proud of him, and we love him tremendously. I wonder what next weekend will bring.


No comments:

background