As I open the door to Jack's daycare, I see the director pouring over tons of envelopes. "Hmmm...I wonder what's she's doing," I say to myself and then, "Oh no! It's picture day." I look down at my son. Poor thing. When I dressed him this morning, we were running late. I had put him in one of his relatively new t-shirts just to see that his sleeves were too short. "Oh well, " I thought. This will be the last day he wears it. I had obviously let the PICTURE DAY reminder go in my mind.
As I led him down the hall to his class, we pass by children of all ages completely decked out. When we entered his class, I noticed his teacher has her hair curled, full face of makeup, and is wearing cute clothes. "I forgot today is picture day!" I declared as I hand Jack his cup. "I'll go grab him some clothes." She tells me he looks cute enough, right as I glance over and notice a little girl in tights, Mary Janes, blouse, dress, AND a hat! "I'll go grab him some clothes."
So I surrendered my hopes of making it to work on time to save my son from the humiliation of having to explain one day that his mom forgot to send him in cute clothes like all the other children. After all, they were having class photos as well, and I want the other kids one day to say, "There's Jack. He was always the cute one."
That's what Moms do. :)

1 comment:
he sure is! cutie patootie!
Post a Comment