I guess it started last weekend when Skylar and I went to Boston with some friends of ours. I don't think we had been in Bean town 1 hour before Kimberly asked my age. When I told her, this was her response, "Wow. So y'all are almost 10 years older than us." New conversation please?
Boston was fantastic! It was SO much fun. We went to Newbury Street and Little Italy the first night, the mall and Fenway Saturday. Saturday, we went with some business associates of Skylar and Ben's. By looking at them, I figured they were our age or even older, so I asked. 26 and 27. :( When did I become the oldest of every group of people?

But really, the number isn't what bothers people about getting older. It's the whole idea of what you have done in the time it took you to get to your present age. Boston was the icing on the cake for this concept.
You see, we really had a blast in Boston. We have talked about going back already or even perused thoughts of moving there. Are you understanding how much fun we had now?
Well, that just begs the question...why haven't we already done this??? And where else have I not been that would be fantastic. Why did I work so hard for 10 years and not go have fun somewhere in the midst of it?
I have always loved going new places. Boston, Chicago, San Francisco (we got engaged there!), D.C., etc. Why have I been such a homebody? I have had ample opportunities to go other places. When I was in high school, Mom tried to get me to go work in another state or go to camp to have new exciting experiences. I just couldn't imagine giving up my summers. My crazy summers in Ruston, Louisiana. Ha.
Okay, I don't want to sound like I'm all sad or anything. I love my life, our new house, and of course our precious little man. However, we've decided to make time for vacations. Real vacations. We are both so revitalized after our trips to Houston (Thanks, Kathryn!) and Boston (Thanks, Jay & Jimmy!). And honestly this is the first of the "old Nancy" ("Haley" for those of you who remember those days) that I remember in quite a while. I became so obsessed with keeping baby Jack on his routine, that I had kindof gotten in a rut and forgot how incredibly fun I can be! (Just joking...come on, this was staring to sound kind of serious.)
So get out there and do fun things. If you wait to have more money, you never will have enough. Just go do something for yourself. Tell them Haley sent ya!

No comments:
Post a Comment